Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Friday, February 16, 2007

Plug

Valentine's day was very special. Robin always cooks an amazing, perfectly-prepared meal. Our affinity for Pinot Noir led us to decant a bottle of 2005 J.Albin from King Estate. We both knew a Pinot Gris would have paired better considering the dish, but we're not that snobby. Besides, it was an '05 J. Albin for god's sake. Rich, fruity and smooth, that wine was everything Oregon Pinots have over everyone else in the states. I got him a small card that was cute and naughty. He spoiled me and got me a new ipod shuffle.

They're now about 1/3 the size of a business card. They come in a variety of colors, mine is metallic blue. My previous ipod, the one that had been with Robin and I for a couple of years, was stolen at New Years. Some grimy bastard got their grimy hands on its love-worn surface. Robin even cared for it when it got a bad spot on the hard drive (see also: boo-boo for computers). He nursed it back to health so I could have my music. But one grimy swipe of a hand later and I was music-less. I wasn't about to commandeer Robin's fancy new hotness video ipod (not that he would let me anyway), so everyday I trudged to and from school, humming softly as tears filled my eyes. I'm no good at Prince.

Robin emerged from the office with something behind his back and I was fully expecting it to be something fun, but certainly not a new ipod. There's no way it could've been a new ipod. BUT IT WAS A NEW IPOD!!!!!! I squealed and gently pulled the shining plexiglass box from his hands, moved beyond words. He's so thoughtful. This was more than some dumb trinket. Robin knows how much I love my music and how much I missed having it when I needed a lift. He saved up in order to buy it for me and I know this because we're not exactly flush with cash (see also: I'm a broke college student).

So check it. I almost prefer my shuffle to the old ipod (G A S P!!!!). But seriously, we have so much goddam music that surfing through the ipod to get an album can be really time consuming. I mean, like it takes like 30 seconds or something. Le sigh. And what if you just want to hear one song? I'm one of those listeners who wants the mood constantly changing. I love that about the Shuffle. So the new Shuffles are incredible. Of course, they're cute as hell, can strongly grasp anything you wish to clip them to (except your kitty), and they have both shuffle and play-through modes. So, let's say I'm sitting at work right now and let's say I'm listening to my ipod. Hmmmmm. Don't like that song. Let's fast forward to the next one. Hmmmmm. That one's okay, but let's see what's next- BINGO!! That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear!! The system works!!

I love surprises and you never know what you're gonna get with the Shuffle! Rock on, Apple. You have me by the proverbial balls and I couldn't be happier.

1 Comments:

  • Awwww.... I wish I had a sweet, thoughtful boyfriend to cook me dinner and buy me an iPod.

    Luna didn't like you clipping the shuffle to her, huh?

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home