Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Monday, April 02, 2007

Recap

I've been away on Spring Break this past week. Going into it, I had delusions of grandeur about how much thesis work I would get done. Or more precisely, I had delusions that I would do thesis work at all. Instead, I breathed deeply and let the relaxation fill my lungs with relaxing, um, air.

Robin, myself and a smattering of others went to the cabin for spring break. The six and eventually three of us had a wonderful time. The weather, contrary to several weather websites, was beautiful. The Oregon coast in spring is truly something to behold. The purple skies and menacing clouds on the horizon contrast a warm and beautiful day. The violent sea hurling waves upon the rocks and sand, a sign that somewhere in the distant horizon, a giant storm is wreaking havoc. Perhaps those clouds will rush in to soak the coastline and its inhabitants, or perhaps it will continue on, or maybe it will just fizzle out. You don't know with our weather in spring. We didn't do much venturing to other towns. Yachats suits us just fine and our cabin, well, let's just you couldn't be in a more perfect location.

We came back Tuesday around 1 in order to attend our friend's wedding on Wednesday. It was a small, intimate backyard ceremony. Plenty of food, dancing and revelry to go around. Robin was understandably exhausted after the coast trip and wanted to go home around 10:30. I was ignoring my discomfort and sleepiness, intent on staying up as late as I possibly could. And I did.

We were both tired and worn down by having entertained so much that Thursday became lazy and uneventful. Scott went home in the afternoon and Robin and I watched Star Trek: Voyager until bedtime. Friday, we awoke and did the same thing, only we did it all day. Saturday too. Oh, and Sunday. Basically, we're almost done with the series. I'm happy for that, because it's time to return to a more productive lifestyle, but sadly one that involves less of kitty falling asleep on my chest as I watch TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home