Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hasselhoff Hilarity

Apparentely, David Hasselhoff passed out on an English talk show, CLICK ME.

His excuse was that he had too many "sleeping pills" because, you know, when you're about to go on a talk show millions of people watch, the first thing you do is take sleeping pills. Hell, I had to take five sleeping pills just to get to work this morning. I think "sleeping pills" is a Hasselism for "vodka with a whiskey back" because that's how he rolls. I wouldn't go so far as to accuse him of Mel Gibson-level drunkenness and at least he didn't use the hackneyed "fatigue" excuse celebrities enjoy so much, but please.

Oh, you don't think that's how the Hasselmeister rolls? Try this on for size.

David Hasselhoff is what I call a "functioning drunk". He doesn't need rehab because that would surely lower all the creative juices he has flowing through his semi-muscular veins. You're not going to get world-class covers of such hits as "I Can't Stop This Feeling/Ooga Chaka, Ooga Ooga Ooga Chaka" without a certain Blood Alcohol Level. My guess is somewhere around .95, give or take .07. In his days before Baywatch, David honed his skills as a functioning drunk which is best illustrated by this picture. See what I mean? You wish you could be that awesome.

So what if the Hoff passed out on t.v.? At least he's got a feeling deep inside of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home