Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Okay, Now He's Asking For It

By "he", I am referring to our President. Please read this before continuing.

Let's begin with one of his quotes:

“I have been saying all the time that we need perseverance and patience and the willingness to defeat a terrorist organization, an ideology of hate, with not only military action but the spread of freedom,” Bush said.

“I believe this is the calling of our time.”

This is an old and tired rhetoric he's been vomiting up for years now.We all know how he wants to persevere and win the war on terrorism. I have yet to uncover just what the hell he's talking about. Just what is the war on terrorism? The war against an ideology, yes, but specifically one that is anti-American? One against non-democratic nations? And just where does this line of thinking end? There are countless other non-democratic, anti-American nations. Are we going to fuck with all of them or what? I intend these questions to be taken seriously and if my readers have answers to any of them, I'd like to know.

To continue:

“I have no doubt — the war came to our shores. Remember that,” he said, referring to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist strikes on New York and Washington.

NO IT DID NOT. WAR DID NO COME TO OUR SHORES. One attack came to our shores. One retaliation in what has been years of bloodshed on OUR hands in the Middle East. I do not take September 11th lightly, nor do I disregard the incredible pain it caused the families involved, but PLEASE. Don't even try to say that war came here. One of our bombing excursions kills more Iraqis than September 11th ten fold. Besides, I seem to remember that Saddam Hussein and Iraq weren't responsible for the September 11th fiasco. Guess who was? Remember? Yeah, I barely do either.

And of course he goes on:

Bush said he could “understand the frustrations of our citizens.” But “if we retreat for the sake of popularity, is that the smart thing to do? My answer is absolutely not,” he said. “It’d be a huge mistake to give the battlefield to these extremists."

How about we retreat for the sake of our own citizens in New Orleans who are still homeless, jobless, and hopeless? If you need any further convincing how terrible the conditions still are in New Orleans, please read Jobetta's most recent post. How about we retreat because our education system has been left by the wayside? How about we retreat because the PEOPLE WHO YOU REPRESENT DON'T WANT US THERE?!?! He is the most pompous ass I've ever seen. His job is not to ignore the will of his people. I do, however, agree with him that sometimes he can't do what is popular. However, he never gives us an explination or reason or plan of action. Do I mean military strategy? Of course not. I mean a basic respect for those who voted his spoiled ass into power. He treats us and the press like children who should be seen and not heard. I, for one, am fed up.

And the coup de gras:

“People don’t like my policies, necessarily,” he said, noting opposition to the decision in 2002 to withdraw U.S. support for the International Criminal Court and his opposition to the Kyoto Protocols on global warning, in addition to the war in Iraq.

But “you’ve got to make decisions based upon what you think is right — that you can’t try to be popular,” he maintained.

Who said anything about popularity? The vast majority of people have been unconvinced with his leadership for well over a year now. We're used to you not being popular, Mr. President. ALL I WANT IS SOME KIND OF FUCKING EXPLINATION OTHER THAN YOUR TIRED, PEDANTIC, OVERUSED, STAY-THE-COURSE BULLSHIT AND WAIT-AND-SEE TACTICS. YOU ARE SPENDING OUR MONEY IN A WAR THAT WE DO NOT WANT.

I wish I could have access to his millions and spend his money on something he doesn't have a use for. You know, something extravagant like a reality check.

1 Comments:

  • First: thanks for the plug. ;)

    Second: Big, fat, WORD to your entire post.

    Now he's threatening "consequences" if Iran doesn't stop its nuclear program. Can I just go hide in an underground bunker now?

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home