Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Trouble Blogging

Not so surprisingly, I haven't updated my blog in quite some time. I guess I should have posted a little something about my leg. It's still attached, by the way. I fully recovered and things are peachy in my southern hemisphere.

My friends are much better at blogging than I. Personally, I have trouble finding interesting topics to blog on, because my friends always think up good stuff. I'm a prolific commenter, but a terrible author. Apologies to my thousands of fans ;)

As the school year is drawing to a close (until July 10th when I begin summer term), I wish to reflect upon things learned and things questioned this year:

1. Philosophy is only useful if you like it. Otherwise, it just sounds like a bunch of non-interesting blah blah.

2. That's okay, because I think philosophy is working through me in mysterious ways. Like God would if it weren't nonexistent.

3. Proofs for the existence of God are interesting and pointless. Eating ice cream can give you more meaning than studying a being who may or may not exist but in any case is beyond your realm of understanding. I understand sugar, cream and chocolate. They're here now for me to experience. Mmmmmmmmm.

4. Sociology is something everyone must take during college, but get prepared for endless depression through eye-opening experiences of inequality. You may or may not want to still be an American after taking Sociology.

5. Japanese art has become some of my most favorite to learn about and look at. In western culture, we're so used to having everything splashed in vivid color all over the canvas, leaving little room for interpretation (well, up until the late 1800s anyway). But there ain't nothin' like the simplicity and humility of a Zen master painting. Look at Sesshu's "Landscape in the Haboku technique" if you don't believe me.

6. Math sucks

7. Homosexuals are as boring as heterosexuals. Spending too much money on clothes and having nice furniture doesn't set us apart on any meaningful level. Neither does loving the person of our choice. Therefore, we should be able to marry.

8. What does it mean to Be?

8 Comments:

  • Well, that is the question (to be or not to be). I trust you will have an inflated answer for all of us after you take more philosophy classes :-)

    Yay for updating your blog! I am your number one fan. NUMBER ONE!

    P.S. May I please have a small scrap of your hair? for...um...a keepsake?

    By Blogger Sara, At 11:55 AM  

  • Much to your dismay, I won't have an answer for you. I will undoubtedly have more questions, however. There's the starting point to our being... we will never know. HA!

    Anyhoo, yes of course you may have a lock of my hair. Which region should I take it from? :)

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 12:15 PM  

  • The top of the foot is always good.

    By Blogger cmo, At 3:10 PM  

  • As long as you keep your ass covered, I don't care where the hair comes from. I'll be scotch taping it to your photograph on my alter. I eventually plan to clone you.

    By Blogger Sara, At 2:38 PM  

  • Hi, first time reader and comment-maker here. A few things:
    I couldn't agree more with your point #1. I don't like philosophy (mainly because I don't understand it) therefore it is not useful to me. I also very much agree with your philosophy of point #3. That is a philosophy I can both understand and use. And finally, as partial 'owner' of a blog, I too have trouble thinking of interesting things to say in such a public forum. Who wants to read about what I do everyday? That's what I think about and thus blog about and it's just not that interesting. Sigh. I'll have to start getting into more trouble so I can write about my incredible adventures...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:38 AM  

  • yay Chandra!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:47 PM  

  • Patrick- Were you concerned that people were having a hard time reading the title of your blog?

    By Blogger cmo, At 8:17 AM  

  • Yes, partly; My passion wasn't sincere enough. I prayed and Jesus told me I need to make my passion bigger. Then he told me to give the church all my paycheck, and spread the word to people who don't speakey english. I feel very good about myself now. And I'll get into heaven. CA-CHING!!

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home