Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Dad's Birthday

My family and I went to the cabin this weekend to celebrate my dad's 49th birthday. His actual birthday was on Saturday (the 29th), so for dinner we went to Tidal Raves in Depot Bay. If you are in the vicinity of Depot Bay and want THE BEST SEAFOOD ON THE FRIGGIN' COAST, please go to Tidal Raves. If you choose to go, however, make reservations. There is a strong possibility you won't be seated unless you do. The weather on Friday night was really, really, really stormy and the drive up 101 from Florence to Yachats was frightening. Winds were blowing from the west and southwest at 60 miles an hour. On top of that, there were areas high on the cliffs covered in dense fog. Oh yeah, and it was raining like only the coast in Oregon can rain. We played lots of games, from cribbage to hearts to Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture Edition to Catch Phrase. All in all, we had a tremendous time. On Sunday, the weather cleared completely and it was sunny and warm *gasp* all day. Mom brought ear plugs for me and Bonnie because we had to sleep in the same room as Chris. I found out that it is actually Bonnie who is quite the snorer, no that Chris and I aren't however.
On the way back, there must have been some dune-buggy championship or something because we got stuck behind countless trailers with "Got Sand?" written on the back. I've never been dune-buggying before, mostly because I see it as a complete waste of the environment, gas and money; Kind of how I feel towards NASCAR. It's back to the grind tomorrow, yippee. Hope all is well for you all.

2 Comments:

  • I missed you! I'm glad you're back and glad that we'll all be going to the cabin in two weeks! Yay!!!

    By Blogger Sara, At 1:36 PM  

  • Patrick Moore! This is Jenna, from high school.. your blog is recommended on my friend Paul's blog... my email is slicktrixie@hotmail.com. Send me an email soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home