Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Kicked In the Gut

I have little to say other than, "ouch". FUCKING OUCH!!! The majority of my constituents actually believe they have the right to determine how people love and who they love. Moreover, they are unwilling to grant these lovely people the same BASIC RIGHTS as everyone else who wants to publicly announce their love! Who can this hurt? Give me one goddam reason why caring for the same sex and getting the same rights as everyone else HURTS ANYONE OR ANYTHING. If the thought "sanctity of marriage" even enters your puny head, GO TO VEGAS AND START SOME SHIT THERE BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN WALLOWING IN "UNSANCTITY" FOR DECADES NOW!!! Go get married and divorced in the same fifteen minutes! Did you go to the Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie wedding? What happened?? They made public declarations of their love! But not soon after they divorced! GASP! They seemed so HAPPY!! They seemed so SINCERE! It was SANTIFICALLY SANTIFICOUS!! But then what? They had an argument or two, and due to "irreconcilable differences", had to go their separate ways. And why not? Who the fuck can question the King of Pop and the Daughter of Elvis? NOT YOU!

People have been denied basic rights for hundreds of years. 50 years ago blacks were still too black to vote and be recognized as citizens. 100 years ago women were still too stupid to vote. But this issue is so frustrating because it isn't even about the vote! I can vote, I pay taxes, I behave according to our laws, I live in harmony with my neighbors and care for my fellow man, BUT I CAN'T DECIDE WHO I LOVE?!?!?!?!.

Well too fucking bad. I know how to love. Why don't you?

3 Comments:

  • I was shocked when I saw how many states passed the ban. The government has basically asked for people to vote on the definition of the word 'marriage' and by that, the government is now dictating a matter that is fundamentally religious. What happened to separation of church and state? It's not even the government's business to consider such issues. But apparently they're confused, because they think they have to define it for tax purposes. Really, why does the government need to define it again? Do we define the word 'God' on the next ballot? "God cannot mean anything other than what we say it means" - check Yes or No. Woohooo let's pass that one too while we're at it!

    By Blogger Amy, At 5:10 PM  

  • I am equally disappointed, appalled, and disgusted with my fellow voters, especially in the state of Oregon. Who are these people that voted to constitutionally prevent loving unions? I keep thinking about all of the peole I know and imagining that half of them would burn my beautiful gay loved ones at the stake if given a chance. I am shocked, in the year 2004, that our society has so far yet to travel on the path towards equity and pluralism.

    On the bright side, however, think of all of the voters that came to bat for you from this state...nearly half! Government and religion being the slowest institutions to change, and this measure relating to both, you can't discount the change in attitude as monumental despite the surface-value set back. As you've said to me on many occasions Patrick, gay people are used to being shit on, and every hardship only makes us unite with even more fervor for our cause.

    WE, the reasonable, open-minded, and compassionate people of this state and country, gay and straight alike, will bring the rest of the people the rest of the way toward revolution. I LOVE YOU!!!!

    By Blogger Sara, At 7:31 PM  

  • Patrick- post something happy, or I will come over there and kick your ass in halo 2 even worse than I usually do... how does a plasma sniper to the dome piece sound, bitch??? me and my little homie O C playa are gonna whoop your candyass girlie man bitchface, youknowwhatimsayin???? poop on a stick... i'm serious...fuckin shitfart...

    By Blogger cmo, At 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home