Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Real Music

Robin and I are going to opening night of the Eugene Symphony tonight. Let me rephrase that... we are going to the ULTIMATE MUSICAL EXPERIENCE IN THE UNIVERSE tonight. We shall hear Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 1, the Brahms Symphony No. 2 and Mozart's Abduction From the Seraglio Overture. It would be an understatement to say these pieces of music were unparalleled in their artistic genius. In fact, I cannot accurately describe how amazing these classical pieces are (ALL classical pieces, I mean). As a classically trained pianist, I have a profound appreciation and admiration for this music. I would say that I am literally in LOVE with it. Tonight, I know I will cry during the performance, because I ALWAYS cry at the symphony. It's indescribable how overcome I get with emotion and passion. I FEEL this music. It washes over my body like warm, tropical waves. I cannot relate to modern music like I can to classical. That's not to say I don't like modern music, some of it is great, but most of it can kiss my ever-lovin' ass. Let me start with the "artists"... FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T THINK UP YOUR OWN MATERIAL, WRITE YOUR OWN MATERIAL, OR HEAVEN FORBID ACTUALLY SING YOUR OWN MATERIAL. FUCK YOU IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT BUT MAKE SHITTY MUSIC TO PROMOTE YOUR "IMAGE OF THE WEEK" (Hi Britney! 'Sup Christina?! Big shout out to my man Justin! HAAAAAY!!). KISS MY ASS IF YOUR ONLY CONCERN IS SELLING OUT PERFORMANCES AND STAYING IN 5 STAR HOTELS WHEN YOU VISIT A TOWN. BIIIIIIG FUCK YOU FOR CHARGING $100+ TO SEE YOUR CRAPPY SHOW. YOU ARE NOT ARTISTS! YOU DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO BEING AN ARTIST! YOU ARE BOTTOM-DWELLING, SLIME-SUCKING MUSIC IMPOSTERS AND YOU NEED TO FUCK THE FUCK OFF. And now onto the radio stations who play these fuckers... FUCK YOU FOR TAKING PROFIT OVER AUTHENTIC ARTISTRY. FUCK YOU FOR NEVER PLAYING ANYTHING ELSE BUT WHAT YOUR STUPID DEMOGRAPHIC "TELLS" YOU TO PLAY. FUCK YOU FOR TAKING OVER ALL INDEPENDENT RADION STATIONS AND MAKING D.J'S NOTHING MORE THAN RADIO PERSONALITIES. WHAT THE HELL IS A D.J. FOR IF THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE THEIR OWN PLAYLISTS?? AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I digress... If you are fortunate enough to have independent radio stations in town, listen to them. If your airwaves haven't been perverted by Clear Channel or Cumulus Communications, consider yourself truly lucky. In my town, the only glimpse we get of originality is on the college station (88.1) and the classical station (91.1). All the rest of them, from rock to pop to country, play the same set of songs over and over and over, based on what is "most popular" in the genre. Embrace artists who think for themselves, write for themselves, and put their soul into their music. See their shows, buy their CD's. GOD BLESS the artists who have integrity and don't sell out and don't sign away their life to some money-hungry label company. YOU are the classical artists of our time. YOU keep the soul of music alive and well. I hope lots of people come to your shows and realize what a gift your artistry is.

1 Comments:

  • You forgot KRVM 91.9 and KLCC 89.7. There might be more, but i think that's it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home