Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Thursday, September 02, 2004

My very own blog!

It is with unbridled excitement that I type my first blog entry. As a person of many many words, this is surely the perfect medium for all kinds of ridiculous expression. Robin turned me on (hee hee) to the world of blogging, for which I am eternally grateful. I will be starting school in a few short weeks. After a three-year hiatus, I have decided to focus on the field of philosophy, which I will end up teaching some day. This means obtaining a PhD, which is no small task, but really... what the hell would I do with a Bachelors in philosophy? Or even a Masters for that matter. It is unfortunate that my piece of paper will require 8 more years of life and countless tens of thousands of dollars. But in the end I'll be able to teach a subject near and dear to my heart and get paid for it (summer sessions off and sabbatical won't be too shabby, either)! Hopefully the current administration won't fuck our world up so badly that we'll still be her in 8 years. Starting at the bottom, I'll be studying Socrates and other Greeks in my first few classes. We'll move up to Descartes, Kant... and then... Metaphysics. Woo hoo! The science of looking beyond the visible is my favorite. Beyond time, meaning, chaos and spirituality, lies the truth. I am not going to find THE TRUTH. No one is. But asking question after question and expanding my mind beyond reason sounds only too enticing. I'll let you know how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home