Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Friday, September 03, 2004

Oregon Splendor

For those of you who haven't experienced the majesty that is the Northwest, I am truly sorry. If you prefer concrete, glass and exhaust to perfect nature.... get your fucking head checked. I am with dear friends not far from Tillamook (Oregon), at a slice of Eden we call the Riverhouse. This is my first time here and truly, it is one of my favorites. Sara's dad owns a house on the Wilson River, which is far less cold than the McKenzie but not as warm as the Willamette (not that I recommend swimming in that vile pile of bile). We visited the Tillamook Cheese factory today, viewed the wrapping machinery, ate samples, bought lots of INCREDIBLE cheese, ate ice cream and got stomach aches. The digestive price of dairy is minute compared to it's creamy and tasty bounty. Personally, I bought an 8 oz. block of the Vintage White Cheddar (aged over two years), which in the supermarket will cost $5 or more. Ouch. A trip to the factory only made this slightly less expensive, but a deal's a deal... right? We then stopped at Frederick of the Meyer, then the liquor store and now we're back. I wansn't going to rant as much as I though on this blog posting, but my weekend is about to be insanely fun and I just can't keep it inside. I wasn't brave enough to forage into the partially-freezing waters but tomorrow will be a different story. Casa Bonita, my family's cabin (in Yachats), Bend, the hot springs... if you can find a more diverse range of perfect nature in one state, you go for it! But you won't. So don't try. Adam and Eve didn't live anywhere near the middle east, they were right here. HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home