Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Monday, September 27, 2004

Schoolio Yo'

I'm getting learned. My first class was today at our wonderful University of Oregon. Philosophy 101, instructed by Mark Johnson, is going to kick ass. Philosophy is definately a subject where one could get severely uninterested if the professor isn't glad to be there. It's so unfortunate when that happens - you go to class, get your little notebook and pencil ready and are fully prepared to have your mind expanded, and before you know it you're looking at the clock every three seconds. Happily for me, this won't be one of "those" classes. Mark is obviously in love with his subject, he's articulate and easy to follow and I'm going to have a supberb time. I'll meet my discussion group leader on Friday, a.k.a. the Graduate Student Teacher (or GTF, short for Gregarious Tractor Field). I was so inspired to be on campus today, rubbing elbows with the Eugene Intelligencia (a.k.a. les professeurs)and the infant freshman... it was truly fantastic. I am probably one of the oldest people in my class, which is great because I'm gonna wreck the curve for these little party animals. Good thing I got that out of my system the first time I went to college (and BOY was [[insert random drug]] in my system!!). Today, we were going over nothing serious, the course syllabus, some philosophical terms, whatever. But the girl in front of me managed to take down four full pages of notes. She was writing down EVERYTHING the professor said. I feel sorry for her hand. I've already completed Wednesday's reading, because after dealing with my fun financial aid situation I had some extra time (fill out this paper, send out that form, apply to this online, sit down stand up fight fight fight!!). Cribbage tonight. I'm going with full confidence that someone will be skunked by my superior playing capabilities. But now that I've said that I'll probably get skunked every game. DAMN KARMA. Take care, dear reader. Treat yourself to a sensual bath and massage given by the hot, naked gender-of-your-choice.

2 Comments:

  • I can't, you're at cribbage night :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:53 PM  

  • Yay! I'm glad school went well. Sorry I didn't come to cribbage night- I went to full-time s.t. and went to the first course for my gtf all in one day! Uf!

    Love!! Sara

    By Blogger Sara, At 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home