Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Friday, February 13, 2009

Dark Sided

As all of you are well aware, I have been sick the last few days. The flu decided to skip an overture and head right into Act II (of VI). My pleas for mercy rang through the halls, but the flu would hear none of them. In my darkest hours, sweat coating the bedsheets and kitty cautiously sniffing and poking my bloated carcass, I needed a savior. I called upon our dear lord to send me an angel, one whom could rid my body of this taint, this putrescence, this unholy contamination. After hearing my prayers, cooking a pancake and watching Gossip Girl, god answered my prayer and placed within me the only being (besides himself, naturally) capable of banishing the evil for good.

Thank the holy lord for Marguerite Perrin. I couldn't record what took place within my bowels, but I found footage of Marguerite when she happened upon a show called Trading Spouses. If you simply replace the envelope she mauls with my sickness, the house with my body, and her family with, uh, some bewildered organs, I think you'll understand her powers:

4 Comments:

  • Oh honey, now you know what a typical work day was like for me down in the SC.

    By Blogger Angelene, At 7:02 PM  

  • Yeah, that's what god wants you to do, scream at people.

    "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." - Ghandi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:12 AM  

  • She was just upset because she got chosen as the sacrifice for next Sunday's service. This is why you need to pick the mainstream denominations like Lutheran or Methodist or Best Buy.

    By Blogger April, At 8:29 PM  

  • Oh, Patrick. I'm so happy you found this. Somehow, I've seen every episode she did (she was on twice). She is hilarious.

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home