Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Things

Last weekend was off the hook. My dear friend from middle school is back from her Peace Corps tour of doody. We spent the weekend eating delicious food, visiting the Deschutes Brewery, and generally trying to stay warm in the freezing Redmond weather. In Peace Corps, she was stationed in Guatemala and I could go on and on about how amazing she is, how her service did so much for her community and how no matter what, she always kicks ass. Allow me to convince you: she decided to apply for the graduate teaching program at Columbia University. She really only liked that program so it was the only one she applied for. Her acceptance letter came a couple of weeks ago.

We're hosting Lost this week. People are coming over for tasty burgers, socializing and drinking. Robin and I were excited not only because our friends are pretty cool for the most part, but also because the impending party gave us the impetus to finish painting the downstairs! Woo hoo!

It's Administrative Professionals Day tomorrow. When I got back from lunch today, my boss was standing near my office and had a smirk on her face. She told me I was in big trouble. "Oh yeah?," I asked smiling. "Yep," she continued, "You have to decide what restaurant you would like to eat at this week." I immediately chose El Vaquero. Then, as if lunch at EV wasn't good enough, she said, "And don't come in tomorrow. We don't want you here." I laughed, "Oh, right. As if I enjoy coming to work." But she wasn't kidding. They gave me the day off - paid.

Our friend John stayed with us last night. He's back from Hawaii and will be staying in Oregon until next month when he flies to Ireland to work for the summer. It turns out that Paul Newman is one busy ass rich dude and sets up nature camps all over the world for kids recovering from cancer. So John is off to teach these kids about nature and their impact upon it. Why can't Paul Newman have a camp for people who are me and my friends?

This coming weekend will be an exciting move for our dearest "friend" Evan (whoops! How did those scare quotes get in there?). His new appointment as the Regent Executive Chancelloric Provost of Public Relations has him working in Corvallis. Some of you may remember, but our dear Evan was recently stationed in a tiny, distant coastal town for his previous employer. I'm only guessing, but the thought of living far away from friends and family in another small community (Corvallis, sure, but still small) didn't sit all that well. So he's moving to Eugene! We're helping him move his thousands of extremely valuable and irreplaceable personal items. No seriously, you should see this guy's fabergé egg collection. Oh, and to make Evan that much more intimidating (as if the fabergé eggs weren't enough!), he's buying a motorcycle. That means he'll soon be kicking peoples faces on the side of their face while riding his motorcycle!

3 Comments:

  • Fuckin' Paul Newman! Steve and I have had him over like 7 times for ribs--using his BBQ sauce, which the snobby bastard insists on--and has he once invited us to his camp? No, he has not. Newman!

    By Blogger April, At 7:43 PM  

  • I have a fantastic image in my head now of Evan transporting faberge eggs while riding an enormous Harley Davidson. I can't quite describe it, but it's making me laugh.

    I'm moving soon to a far away town with no friends or family. But I'll get paid a lot. Anyone want to visit Yakima this summer? :)

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 8:46 PM  

  • You lucky Admin. Pros. You and your days off. But is there a Regent Executive Chancelloric Provost of Public Relations day? No!!

    The only thing that consoles me about this a fabergé egg omelet. Mmmm... a couple of those would be tasty right now.

    Kyri is awesome. Getting into Columbia U. is no cakewalk from what I hear. She's obviously got the skills.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home