Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Monday, April 09, 2007

Boobfest 2007, a.k.a. Grindhouse

Dudes. DUDES. "Planet Terror" of the Rodriguez/Tarantino, action-packed, boobie-laden, zombie-smashin' double feature is without a doubt, the best...movie...EVER. Okay, so maybe it's not the best movie EVER, but it's going to be one of my favorites for like, EVER. Woah. I'm going to see it again. I'm going to own it. I'm going to somehow find Rose McGowan and personally thank her for being so totally awesome.

"Death Proof" was not equally entertaining, for one and only one reason: Tarantino's dialogue was kind of interesting, but after such a fast-paced slasher flick, it kind of felt bogged down. Especially considering, a la Tarantino, there was a LOT of dialogue. That aside, it was super entertaining and Zoe Bell is probably the most badassest stunt woman I've ever seen. And I should know because I've made it my life's work to follow stunt people. Duh! Didn't you read the dissertation I wrote in my head?

The two movies will have you in the theater for 3+ hours but it doesn't matter. You'll be having way, waaaaayyyy too much fun to care. I hope Tarantino and Rodriguez will have a butt baby together. That makes movies. AWESOME movies.

2 Comments:

  • Grindhouse: The most fun I've ever had without lubrication.

    By Blogger Mr. Burns, At 9:23 PM  

  • Ok, so I haven't it, but the knowledge that 1) Rose McGowan has a fucking gun for a leg and 2) She has a gun for a leg because it was eaten by zombies? Is the coolest plot line EVER

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home