Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spockolantern



Robin and I set out to carve a pumpkin this year. Last week, Robin went with Doug and James to the pumpkin patch at one of our local farms. He picked up a really nice one, with one side almost flat to make for perfect carving. I have never done something so elaborate to a pumpkin before, not including the time I turned one into a space portal. But that required lots of enriched uranium and diodes and electrodes and yourmomatrodes so this is the most elaborate thing I've done with just a knife to a pumpkin. In fact! The "knife" Robin got is actually this very thin thing with two serrated edges; one with finer teeth than the other. It made the detail work needed to carve Spock's visage into a squash quite easy, if not a bit tedious. I did the hair, arguably the most important and hardest part to do. In fact, I think I'm going to win an award given to me by myself that has a trophy and everything for "Person Who MADE That Pumpkin Work, Y'all." We had so much fun scooping out the seeds which Robin turned into tasty roasted nibbles. Inspired by our pumpkin carving skillz, my plan for next year is to create a "pumpkinscape," like a tablescape only not so fucking lame. We'll need about $950 with which to buy the necessary pumpkins, 150+ hours of time for carving, and dozens of candles for the final product. But seriously, could there be any greater display of carved pumkinry than the entire cast of The Office, 30 Rock and Lost all together?

1 Comments:

  • Dude, you spelled yomamatrodes wrong. Sheesh.

    Also, next year I think you should make this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Phot_o_lantern

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home