Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Friday, October 03, 2008

Glamour


Sadly, another week passed and seen the close of Paris Fashion Week. I don't know why I like fashion as much as I do, particularly considering the fact that I'll never pay that much for clothing, but I find it fascinating as an art form. It is therefore no wonder that I'm drawn to artists whose clothes are completely unwearable, impractical and outrageous. I enjoy the artists who aren't trying to actually sell their clothes, but rather present some kind of experience. Of course, there are all sorts of art and all sorts of wearable collections that one can easily argue are presenting an experience. For me, however, if I'm not shocked, I get bored very quickly. But for all the glamour and colour and loveliness that are the European designers best offerings, none of them can compare to the one true fashion icon: Queen Elizabeth. 'Cuz bitch knew how to rock a collar.

Cheers to you, Queen Elizabeth! Forever making the future of fashion pale by comparison.

2 Comments:

  • In the words of Eddie Izzard, "Queen Elizabeth was one of our more frumpy queens. Then again, they're all frumpy, aren't they? Because it's a bad idea when cousins marry."

    By Blogger Mr. Burns, At 9:58 PM  

  • Liz's dress actually resembles my junior prom dress, but with fewer bows.

    By Blogger April, At 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home