Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Double-U Tee Eff?

Submerged in an ocean of barely 20-somethings, I often find my college experience awkward. This sensation is only realized when I hear of the latest band or artist with whom I have no familiarity or the latest slang that sounds like another language. I used to be so on top of my game. Compounded with this is the reaction I get when I tell my teeny-bopper classmates that I'm 25. The look at me in horror and disgust, as if I just informed them that I like to smear poop on my face when I'm bored.

Submitted for your enjoyment is an excerpt of an actual conversation I overheard in Astronomy 123 today (last 4 science credits, baby!!):

Teenie 1: "Did you see Todd last night?"
Teenie 2: "Oh em gee. He was totally fucked up."
Teenie 1: "Way fucked up. He all bumped into me and I was like Double-U Tee Eff?"
Teenie 2: "Oh em gee no way! He was all, 'hey baby what's up?' and I could smell puke on him. I was all, Double-U Tee Eff?"
Teenie 1: "Yeah, whatever. Hey, did you hear about the elections?"
Teenie 2: "Oh em gee, I know! Jared and Adrianna totally won!"
Teenie 1: "I know, are you going to the party on Saturday?"
Teenie 2: "No, my stupid mom called and we're going shopping and shit."
Teenie 1: "Double-U tee eff? Why don't you ditch her at like 8 or something?"
Teenie 2: "Cuz' we're going to the Newman Center for church on Sunday 'an if I drink, you know how that'll be."
Teenie 1: "Oh geez, like last time? Real nice, hon. You were all stupid and fucked up. I totally had to haul your shit to the ladies and drop your face in the toilet!"
Teenie 2: "Double-U tee eff?!?! Shut up there's people who can hear you!"

7 Comments:

  • it's amazing how IM lingo has gone into real life. i'm just waiting for the day when people no longer laugh, they just say "el oh el" ;)

    also... 25 is way old.... geezer.

    By Blogger Ben A. Johnson, At 12:44 PM  

  • OMG

    Patrick, u r totally stupidz and old. WTF? ur 25? OMG!!

    I must confess, it took me the entire fucking post to realize those girls were spelling out AIM acronyms. I was like "Who the hell is MG? What on EARTH does Double-U tee eff mean? Good lord. I would have thrown something at them.

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 1:43 PM  

  • I weep for the future.

    By Blogger ShannonRose, At 7:44 AM  

  • Oh em geee... Dude, that totally reminds me of Eddie Murphie's "Buckweat Sings"
    Such memorable classics as, "Wukin per nub", "unce, tice, thee timmes a madey" and "????"

    Yeah, that is getting pretty sad when people start talking like a chat room... Come on, what kind of hurry are they in that the extra syllables would kill them...
    Crazy...even when the batteries die, they are like walking cell phones, texting back and forth in their own little code.

    By Blogger Miss Clare, At 3:46 PM  

  • I refuse to believe that people actually talk that way. I don't care if that means I'm separating myself from reality.

    Why in God's name would someone say "double-u tee eff?" It's so much quicker to say "what the fuck."

    By Blogger Mr. Burns, At 7:17 AM  

  • Forget whether it's easier to say "what the fuck" then spell it out.

    It's way more satisfying to just say fuck.

    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

    See how good that feels?

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 7:34 AM  

  • Evan, I too couldn't believe my ears. However, I was so thoroughlly engrossed (and they were talking soooo loud) that I couldn't do the Bart memory-repression technique of "Disneyland...I'm...in...Dis..ney..land!"

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home