Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Monday, February 13, 2006

Uh...

[To my imaginary administrative assistant, Luciano]: Luciano, please take a memo for me. Ready?

Luciano: Go 'head

Me: It's about this weekend's outing with Dick Cheney.

Luciano: Right, at the Texas ranch.

Me: Yeah, go ahead and cancel that, would you?

Luciano: Sure. May I ask why?

Me: Regretfully, I don't hunt defensless animals.

Luciano: Uh...

Me: Click on this article, Luciano. It will explain everything.

Luciano: Oh my...

Me: Yeah. Know anybody who might be interested?

Luciano: My cousin is into that sort of thing.

Me: Tell your cousin that killing birds is terrible.

Luciano: No, I meant shooting other people.

Me: Oh, is that all? Please, Luciano. Where's your sense of adventure? Call your cousin and ask if he would like to come along.

Luciano: Sure, Patrick. I feel it important to warn you that he's kinda', well, he's kinda' like a certain Chris Moore we both know.

Me: Perfect. All the crazies will be in one place! Just make sure my people-shootin' gun is ready.

6 Comments:

  • I think we should set up Luciano with my personal stenographer Doris.

    By Blogger ShannonRose, At 8:44 AM  

  • Sounds great! Speaking on his behalf, Luciano likes women who are intelligent, challenging and totally willing to go "all Italian" (his words, not mine) in the boudoir. Could Doris be his lady?

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 8:58 AM  

  • Read it three times...still not getting it.. especially the reference to me...please explain?

    Sorry for being slow today.

    By Blogger cmo, At 11:04 AM  

  • ha ha ha ha ha ha.

    Chris: Dick Cheney shot a lawyer while they were quail-hunting together. It's funny because...

    It's just funny.

    Of course, if he'd shot say, a doctor instead of a lawyer, people would be more upset. :)

    I don't get the reference to you. I think it was just to make you go "what?"

    I'll hook up with Luciano. I need an italian. And I can tell him:

    E' stata scopata migliore della mia vita" (translation: That was the best fuck of my life)

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 4:55 PM  

  • Well I knew Cheney had that accident, I just thought there was some other hidden meaning.

    By Blogger cmo, At 6:13 PM  

  • Sorry for the delayed explination, Chris. My computer wasn't loading blogger for some reason. That, and I was busy looking at shows for us to take in whilst in Vegas ;)

    I was just being silly. I was making reference to you being crazy. I certainly don't think you'd hunt people.

    I have to say, the Cheney incident is even hitting the humor bone of Scott McClellan. He was pressed by the, uh, press because he was wearing an orange tie. This cracked me up what he said:

    (referencing President Bush wearing orange to honor the Texas Longhorns victory): "The orange they're wearing is not because they are concerned that the vice president will be there. Although, that's why I'm wearing it."

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home