Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Vacation

I eluded to this in response to one of Chris' posts, but now that I've thought about it more (and found the actual statistic), I am INFURIATED by how much vacation our President is taking. link

Ronald Reagan took 335 days of vacation during his eight years in office. George W. has completed three more days in just over HALF the time!!

After doing extensive arithmetic and consulting several of our Professors of Applied Neurocalculus, I have determined that W's record looks like this:

338 days (thus far) spanning a 4.5 year term:

That's
75 days per year, which equals 2.48 months (31 day months) NOT WORKING.
2.48 x 4.5 = 11.16 months on vacation in 4.5 years of office
11.16/(4.5 x 12) = 20.67% time spent on vacation
20.67% is more than 1/5 of the two terms spent on vacation


So, this must be some kind of norm, right? I mean, other presidents have taken vacation, surely W. can't be THAT bad, right?

Well, here's some other stats. for you:

Clinton: 152 days in 8 years = 5% vacation
Reagan: 335 days in 8 years = 11%
Carter: 79 days in 4 years = 5%

And the list goes on... W. is head and shoulders above the rest.


Well, I guess since things are going so well in our country, what with the war on terror over and oil prices under control and the job market out of the shitter and education a priority, I guess W. deserves a little rest, now doesn't he???

11 Comments:

  • this is rediculous - why is he not accountable to anyone?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:54 PM  

  • Apparently Bush had to take a vacation from his vacation:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050824/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_idaho_vacation;_ylt=AlFDhN9jw3reTMm6h66vE3as0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

    Bush had this to say about his trip to Idaho:

    "I made a mistake not coming here earlier."

    Really? Was hiding from the mother of a fallen soldier (Cindy Sheehan) that much work?

    "I'm kind of hanging loose, as they say," said Bush about his vacation from vacation. When isn't he?

    By Blogger Mr. Burns, At 4:29 PM  

  • i like your new template...

    By Blogger Ben A. Johnson, At 6:40 PM  

  • Yeah, I decided it's time to join the 21st century and link people on my blog, change the template and eat more broccoli.

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 8:16 AM  

  • broccoli is good too.

    By Blogger Ben A. Johnson, At 8:18 AM  

  • That's fucking outragous!!!! Yet another reason to hate the asshole!

    By Blogger Liz, At 10:08 AM  

  • P.S. I'm feeling unloved w/ the linkage ;)

    By Blogger Liz, At 10:09 AM  

  • OOPS! Sorry Liz, you're there now :)

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 11:43 AM  

  • John, I tell you what. Start posting and we'll link to you.

    By Blogger Mr. Burns, At 7:48 PM  

  • John, I agree. You deliver the goods, I'll deliver the link. Capice??

    By Blogger Infused Confusion, At 11:17 PM  

  • That is crazy. Where can I get a job that allows that much vacation time? If anyone knows, please hook me up. I haven't taken that much vacation in my LIFE.

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home