Me & The Horse I Rode In On

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Bitch and Moan

I've been sick for over a week now. I thought I was getting better this weekend, but then I had to go and get all drinky on Saturday night. Lesson learned. I'm at 85%, so I decided to come to work because I really need to get some stuff done. Stuff like blogging.

Since I'm probably the only one to say this in the history of ever, I'll say it. I hate being sick. I hate waking up being sick. I hate being stuck in my house for more than two days, even with the huge screen, internet, XBOX360, HD DVD player and tons of cable. I get real stir crazy. So stir crazy, in fact, that yesterday I took a short walk to Albertson's (a store that I hate) just so I could buy Spaghetti-O's. Don't judge.

Here's something I decided while being forced to stay at home and sleep and watch TV (waaaa!!):

I used to love the Price is Right. One of the only benefits to being sick was watching Bob Barker and his beauties dole out cheap ass popcorn makers and catamarans. Now it's Drew Carey and even Plinko has lost its luster. The only thrill I still get from the Price is Right are the Wilford Brimley commercials talking plainly and sincerely about his diabeetus.

Drew Carry is a shitty ass replacement for Bob Barker. He's not that funny, he's not charming at all, he is completely awkward with the contestants and I get the feeling like he wasn't sure what he signed up for. I don't know what the fuck, but yesterday he asked this contestant what her dog's name was twice to make small chat. It was crazy enough that she wanted to give a shout out to her dog. Then due to a pause of the wheel spinning, Drew said, "So, what was your dog's name again?", rather than think of a new question. The contestant's thought bubble said quite clearly, "You just asked me that, dumbass", but she kindly repeated the name. By the way, her dog's name was "Sprinkles" so it wasn't even worth repeating.

That's pretty much it. If I think of anything else to bitch about, I'll be sure to let the two of you know.

2 Comments:

  • I won't judge you for walking to Albertson's, which I would not describe as being a "short" walk from your house. I live fairly close to you and it takes me like 20 minutes to walk there. But I'm out of shape.

    What I will judge is that you ate Spahetti-os. Seriously?

    By Blogger Copy Editor, At 4:19 PM  

  • Mmmmm... Spaghetti-O's.
    Mmmmm... Sprinkles.
    Mmmmm... Diabeetus.

    By Blogger Mr. Burns, At 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home